| Rule 14 no longer exists due to an update.|
This page is being preserved as a historical article.
Rule 14 prevented players from misusing the offical RuneScape forums. It was one of the original Rules of Conduct, but as of 11 May 2009, this rule now falls under the Respect category. Action taken against players caught breaking this rule varied depending on the degree of the offence. Punishments generally ranged from forum bans or mutes, to possible in-game bans.
NOTE: The forum code of conduct (linked at the top of the forums) clearly details exactly what is and what is not acceptable behavior, and what could get players warned/banned for doing those things. If you see a player misusing the forums, you can use either the Forum Help thread or the highlight post feature. When using the latter, be sure to choose the option most appropriate for the offending post.
- Person 1 makes a spam thread on the official forums.
- A Forum Moderator or Jagex Moderator locks the thread and gives Person 1 a warning.
- Person 1 makes another thread with a link to a website (which also goes against Rule 11.)
- Person 1 can get banned from the forums or in-game for misusing the offical forums and advertising a website.
- Person 1 may also make threads that flame Jagex that are inappropate and can get banned and/or muted.