| Rule 10 no longer exists due to an update.|
This page is being preserved as a historical article.
Rule 10 prohibited improper use of the RuneScape customer support system. It was one of the original Rules of Conduct. However, as of 11 May 2009, it was apparently removed. It is not known why this occured, but the most likely reason is because Jagex takes care of this themselves now. It does not fall into one of the three categories, but it would most likely fall under Honour. Action taken against players who broke this rule, included, but was not limited to, suspension of Customer Support privileges or a temporary or permanent ban or mute. Examples of misuse of customer support included sending offensive messages to Jagex, making false password recovery requests, reporting innocent players, and Account Stealing.
NOTE: Although it is no longer possible issue a report for misuse of customer support, it is still against the rules, and the punishments for guilty parties remain the same.
- Person 1 Swears and it is starred by the chat filter
- Person 2 tells Person 1 that they are breaking Rule 1 and that they were reported.
- Person 1 could report Person 2 for misusing the RuneScape customer support system.
- A player sends Jagex a customer support query with the following text in it.
- Jagex is a ****ing *** company. U never let f2p do wut the mem get 2 do. **** u
- nub and jagex gives god ****ing *** random events like mysterious box lol u
- act like nubs 600 g is nuthin **** jagex!
- Jagex could decide to temporarily or permanently ban or mute the player's account depending on the severity of the query.