Autobuyers are macros that hang out at various stores automatically buying certain items. As a result, some runes or arrows in certain shops would be out of stock. This is illegal, and can be reported under Rule 7. You can identify them by trying to trade them. They never respond.
Autobuying bots usually buy the following items from the following shops:
- Feathers from Gerrant's Fishy Business in Port Sarim
- Adamant and mithril arrows from Brian's Archery Supplies in Rimmington
- Bronze and iron arrows from Lowe's Archery Emporium in Varrock
- Chaos and death runes from Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock
- Chaos and death runes from Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim
- Chaos, death, law, cosmic, nature, and blood runes from the Mage Arena
The autobuyers would then merchant the collected items by selling to players at higher places.
On October 2nd, 2007 Jagex released an Shop Improvement update intended to make the autobuyer macros useless. The update provided an infinite store stock on all the shop items, but at a higher price then you could find buying off other players. For example, death runes cost about 330gp now compared to the market price between player of 300gp ea.
But due to recent Updates JaGex have changed shops back to the way they used to be but the items in shops replenish more quickily than they used to
As a result, there are very little (if any) autobuying bots left.
See also Edit